While accepting the Liebster Blog Award and following the rules I have included a few affiliate links. This means that I, Jacinta Thomas from ‘Jump Start your Biz’ will get a small commission from any purchases made via these links. This is one of the ways you make money blogging, so if you click and purchase I thank you for helping me pay my bills.
What a pleasure it is to be granted as a receiver for the Liebster Blog Award for 2017. Thank you to the wonderful Marione from “No Strings Attached” which is a blog about Marione’s freebies, samples and products she reviews. Well worth a read and it gives you some great ideas to get your own great products for free.
There are a few rules you will need to follow as part of receiving the award. This helps other great bloggers around the world to be recognised and also receive the award.
Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own.
I have been self-employed and running my own businesses for the past 10 years and although even though I had heard of blogs and occasionally written a few posts from time to time, I never really knew there were so many out there.
In December 2016 my sister Fiona came to me with the idea to start her own blog. She needed a creative outlet as she felt she was stuck in mummy land and wanted to do something more. While Fiona was researching blogging she inspired me to start my own business blog to help the current clients that I had through my web design to increase there business and also help new business owners start a business. We came across the blog “Just a girl and her blog”. And both decided to read Abby Lawson’s E-book ‘Building a Framework, the Ultimate Blogging handbook. This then cemented the idea to run a business blog alongside by web design and hosting services.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Horses are my favourite animal and I used to ride when I was younger. My horse jobs website keeps me in touch with horses.
- I started a horse management university degree until I fell off a horse and hurt my back so I swapped and completed a business management diploma.
- I’m left handed
- I’ve been married for 8 years and have one child (10 year old daughter)
- I love Labrador retrievers (dogs) and if I lived on a property I would breed them again.
- Sci fi movies, chick flicks and drama series are my favourite TV/ Movies.
- Sean (Hubby) and I watch an episode of something every night. We are currently watching Law and order Criminal intent.
- I’m shy and quiet (getting better as I get older.)
- Country Music is the best, Adam Brand, Garth brooks, Dixie chicks plus many more.
- I play the piano (completed up to grade 5 as a child) I still play at least once a week or so.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/businesses that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers on Instagram.
- Fiona Banham (my sister) at Finding time in the Chaos.
- Anne Clarence at Reading Life.
Other nominees pending, just contact me to become nominated.
List these rule.
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgment of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2017 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
In my Email course “Drive more people to my business” I talk about the essentials of advertising for your business including free websites to list your business online, the importance of social media, collecting customers email addresses and contacting them regularly. These are the first steps you should do and they defiantly help to drive lots of people to your business. However, you should also look into other ways to promote your business. Many small business people question the value of advertising as it’s often very expensive. However, without testing they will never find out what is right for their business.
From a survey, I conducted recently with over 100 businesses responding I got that following results.
41% Social Media.
19% Word of Month
14% Networking and relationship building one or one or via telemarketing.
11% Sales Promotion -giving away promotion materials, service giveaways, free samples, contests or coupons.
9% Website with email opt-in and promoting to your customer emails
3% Direct Mail Sending flyers or brochures to potential clients through the mail.
2% Online Directories.
Social Media is one of the best advertising methods for your business.
From my conclusion, it is important to incorporate a variety of different strategies both online and offline to be a successful business. While many businesses succeed purely online, using offline promotional tactics is still very essential for a lot of businesses.
My Email course “Drive more people to my business” I discuss different online business advertising including social media, websites with an email opt in’s and online advertising directories. However, I don’t cover offline advertising.
The first thing to do is check out all advertising methods and see what businesses are advertising in which ones. Television and magazine advertising is still a great advertising tool depending on what type of business you have. There are a number of different promotional ways and they are aimed at different target markets so here is a list of the different options you should consider:
Advertising is placing your ad in different media outlets such as newspapers, radio, television, magazines, on billboards, in the yellow pages print book, display ads out the front of your work premises or on billboards.
Publicity is messages such as news stories, announcements, mentioned of your business from charity work or other good deeds. Think about working more in your community so your business is placed in publicities.
Personal Selling is selling directly to a customer from a store, in-house, another business or over the phone.
Sales Promotion is giving away promotion caps, pens or shirts, prize or service giveaways, free samples, contests or coupons.
Direct Mail Sending flyers or brochures to potential clients through the mail.
When creating your advertising make sure your message is clear and it grabs people’s attention to create a desire for them to buy and take action.
What about business networking? Business networking is an effective marketing method to build relationships with potential clients. This can be done either face to face, over the phone, via email or social media or at a meeting or gathering. This allows you to build up your client’s trust and have them get to know you more. Some people don’t like to engage in business using conventional advertising methods. Most local areas have a networking club also known as a breakfast club or similar, however, if this is not your style or suitable then jumping onto local networking groups via social media and helping people answering basic questions and promoting freebee’s is all part of networking. Find some people in your target market and regularly comment on their social posts and reply to their emails, slowly introducing yourself is also another great way to network.
Follow us on our facebook page for other advertising and promotional ideas.
Also, don’t forget to download your FREE Email Course “Drive more people to my business”.