What exactly is a Social Media Manager?
A Social Media Manager is basically a specialization marketing officer that promotes a business or company via social media. With so many social media platforms today, from Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, StumbleUpon and Twitter, just to name a few. It is essential to advertise through at least one or two social media platforms. As we all know online marketing is not going away so we need to embrace it. And with the younger generations living on the internet this is an ideal way to find new customers.
So why do you need a Social Media Manager?
Spending time on all the social media platforms can be an effort. You can spend all day creating ads, scheduling them on each of the platforms and liaising with customers via the Facebook or Twitter etc. If you are already busy with your current customers you won’t have time to sit on the internet all day, however you still want to gain more exposure and promote your business brand more, don’t you?
Hiring a social media manager can take this stress away and let you free up your time to focus on your essential business requirements.
What does a Social Media Manager do?
They basically market your business brand on social media platforms to gain more customers by doing the following tasks.
- setting up your social media accounts with your contact details and business description.
- Adding your branding and logos to the social platforms
- Creating suitable copyright ads with images, artwork and information from your website or products catalog.
- Posting ads and information on social media platforms including videos created by the owner/ manager.
- Responding and engaging to all clients comments by answering their questions, sending the question to the business manager to respond to or just thanking them.
- Create and use suitable # tags on social posts.
- Analyzing and writing reports on all social Analytics.
- Budgeting campaign for all paid social media ads with the aim of the lower cost per click conversions and set up facebook pixels. (To track visitors)
- Creating and managing your sponsored social ads.
How can Jump Start your Biz help you?
We can help you with all the above and also includes the following to take your marketing and sales up to the next step:
- Sending step by step instructions on using your social media platforms yourself – includes 30 mins over the phone instructions.
- Setting up an email marketing platform with opt in newsletter to collect and send out information to your clients via electronic emails.
- Promote your products/ services and liaise with clients in suitable facebook groups to find your target market.
- Write 1 blog post per month to add to your website to help gain customer reach.
- Small website revamps and keyword focus each month to improve your SEO.
- Monthly SEO and Social Media advertising reports.
How much will this cost?
Every company charges a different price depending on what they do and how many platforms they manage. My standard charge is $220 per month (plus your sponsored budget) which includes the management of up to 3 social platforms with 2-5 posts on each per week plus the above tasks.
We recommend your weekly budget for sponsored ads is between $10- $100 to start with that will be revised monthly.
Please note your email marketing platform will be free until you have more than 1000 subscribers and then will cost from $15 per month (unless you already have an email marketing platform set up via another company. (I currently use mailerlite)
If you decide to do this yourself just remember to follow all the above Jobs of a social media manager.